Friday, February 24, 2012

So I LOVE pizza

I just love pizza... its pretty much my favorite meal.. I mean not just domino's or your local chain... I mean really good gourmet pizza... I recently went to the Mellow Mushroom.. and I learned that it is a chain from the east coast  but it was new to me and I just loved their crust... I asked the waiter if it was a secret recipe or something and if he could let me know what was up?? all he told me was that they put molasses in the dough...OMG... I would have never guessed!!!

Now I DO make my own dough... but I would have never imagined  putting molasses in it... I always put honey!!! well I had to try it out for myself to see if I could get the same results.





My recipe I will share because its not a secret..

For 2 Pizzas( I often double it)

1c. warm water
2 1/4 t yeast
2 or 3T molasses(I don't really measure)

Let sit for 5 min. to proof

then add(I use my Kitchen Aid, but you could do it by hand)
3c. unbleached flour
1t salt
2or 3 T olive oil
 let mix for a couple of minutes

I pour about 1-2 T olive oil over it after mixing. and then let it rise for 1 hour in a warm place.( if its hot outside, like it is here in the summer, I just cover it with a towel and set it outside, otherwise I set my oven to 100 and then turn it off and put it in there)

Then punch it down and separate into 2 pieces and roll one piece out with my rolling pin, cover with tomato sauce or pesto.. and all your favorite toppings and cheese.

I like to set my oven to 425 with my pizza stone already in there and then have my pizza dough on a pizza peel.. with corn meal under the pizza and slide it right on in onto the stone... then cook for about 10-12 min. and enjoy!!! best with some red wine or a beer and some ceasar salad.



Well I will have to tell you that IT Was Good...i just made cheese(boring) because that is all my children like. But it was de-lish. have a great weekend.

No comments: