Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I have gone bananas!!!

After the banana ice cream that i have made twice in the last 2 days.. I moved on to banana bread... I have the best recipe that my sweet friend who is also my cousin's girlfriend gave me... I hope she does not mind that I share it....
THE BEST BANANA BREAD

5 mashed bananas(which I love, that its mostly bananas)
1 c. sugar
1t. vanilla(i was out so i used almond.. and it was de-lish)
1/4 c water
mix that all up
then sift 2 c. whole wheat flour
1t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
bake at 350 for 1 hr.
 this makes 2 loaves
I greased the pans heavily with olive oil since there is not any oil or butter in the batter and it made it yummy and kinda crispy.. which i loved



of course when I decided to make this delicious bread, I was out of whole wheat flour. so at 7am I had to grind some wheat in my kitchen aid(which is very noisy) and if my kids went to school it would have not been a problem, but since we are homeschoolers and my children are allowed to sleep in... then it was a bit of a problem... I had some sleepy kids staggering out of bed.. wondering what all the racket was about... they quickly changed there tune when they found out what I was making... yum yum!!

I still have loads of bananas, but i put them all in the freezer for future smoothies... I just love the Banana sale!! Have a great day monkeying around.

No comments: