Monday, April 9, 2012

Fermented Foods



So I just started my first batch ever of fermented cabbage...I am really excited and have been researching the benefits of eating fermented stuff....My husband thinks I'm crazy because I told him I would be storing rotting vegetables in my closet and then eating them...(he does not know it yet but he will be eating them too)... but he thinks I'm nuts anyway... so here is what I did.. I have been reading WILD FERMENTATION by Sandor Ellix Katz and got some cabbage and salt... and waalaa...












I just can't wait to try it....

I also just started a sour dough starter... which I have done many times before and can never get it sour enough for my liking... any ideas???

My next venture will be trying to make kefir, hard cider, mead, kombucha and real root beer(from actual roots..I found a great recipe but need to order the ingredients since my little town will not have them.. fo sho this is the one I found

So get fermenting!!! its good for you

No comments: