Thursday, April 12, 2012

Randomness.. and trying new things

There is a lot of randomness going on here lately and trying out some new stuff... lets see... my fermented cabbage (sauerkraut)is looking good... just a few more days til I am able to try it... my kids aren't to thrilled..but I am!
It is looking nice and bubbly.. which is what the book Wild Fermentation by Sandor Ellix Katz... said it would do... and then I got a little surprise in the mail yesterday for EARTH DAY... which I hope you all are well aware of...(do something nice for the earth!!!) I must have signed up at some point in my life for SANTE FE  NATURAL tobacco company(which I do not smoke, by the way) but I'm not sure what it was for, but anyway, they sent me a nice little reusable grocery bag.. for earth day... which was just so nice.. so I am now thinking that they are a great company.. they even use 100% recycled shipping package(with recycled newspaper). So even though i don't smoke, I guess if I did it would be the natural cigs that they have... so that is that bit of randomness.



I just love getting stuff in the mail!!!

So then this morning.. I decided to make some bread.. from this book that i checked out at the library
I have seen this book around and have been wanting to try it out... I am just trying out all kinds of new things ..first my little bread making helpers and I had to grind some wheat(which always happens right when I am going to make a big batch of something.. a little frustrating..but at least I CAN grind some and don't have to take off for the store to buy some)


 I could NOT believe how much in 1 hour it rose.. I and hoping it doesn't over flow... can't wait to try it!

Have a happy day and try something new!!

No comments: