Monday, January 30, 2012

Over the river and through the woods..to grandmothers house we go..

My youngest pickle and I went on a little adventure this last weekend. We went to my moms house.. or to my daughter.. jugis house. We flew on Alligent Air..which was a great price!!  My mom was hit by a car, when she was walking across the street last Nov. and is doing very well healing from her broken body. She broke her pelvis, both femurs, shoulder and arm... It was a very traumatic thing for our whole family and I finally got to go and visit and help take care of her. My brother and dad have been doing such a great job and I am so grateful to them.

I am so glad that I got to go and it was so nice seeing her and my brother and dad. She is healing well and can walk now with a walker and soon a cane. I am so thankful that she was not killed or paralyzed or something like that.


My brother, "the chef and gardening guru" made some wonderful meals for us and my dad and him made some delicious ciopino and ceaser salad...oh how I miss that California Cuisine...I guess we have desert cuisine here..cactus fries and rattlesnake fritters..just kiddin I have never eaten rattlesnake... although I have eaten cactus fries and they are pretty good... anyhow here is the delightful ciopino







I know this is a bit morbid... but we saw a dead frog in the bottom of my parents pool and we got it out and gave it a proper buriel...poor thing.. thought it was just going for a little swim and didn't realize it would be his last


 Love the citrus trees that grow.. its too cold here for citrus


Oranges

                                                                    Grapefruit


Hope you all had a fun weekned!!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I bet your mom was so glad to you see you!!! Glad to hear she is on the mend.